ISE students are expected to behave in a respectful manner at all times. Students should learn and strive to consistently apply the ISE honor code:
“As a Guardian of the Legacy, I promise to serve my community and myself with honesty, respect and empathy”
All ISE students must adhere to the following guidelines for citizenship and behavior:
- All members of the ISE community must treat each other with respect and consideration.
- Every member of the ISE community must respect and protect the property of other individuals and / or the school.
- Disruptive, discourteous and unethical behavior is not acceptable. Every student has the right to learn, and every teacher has the right to teach without being disrupted, distracted or treated with disrespect.
- Socially aggressive behaviors are unacceptable. Social aggression is a form of bullying and teasing. Social aggression include behaviors that damage relationships with peers such as spreading rumors, deliberately excluding someone from the group, or making fun of another individual by teasing, or through physical gestures.
- Physical aggression will not be tolerated. The International School of Egypt expects high standards of responsibility and civility. Physical aggression of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Appropriate language is expected. Profane or derogatory language is considered inappropriate and unacceptable for school and common spaces.
All ISE students must follow these guidelines. Students who do not adhere to these guidelines will face appropriate consequences on a case-by-case basis commensurate with age and severity of their actions.